This article is for Drake Accounting 2018. To view this article for Drake Accounting 2019, click here.
In a nutshell, these are the steps to using the Direct Deposit feature in Drake Accounting:
Please see below for the Table of Contents to read more information.
Before configuring Drake Accounting® for direct deposit, you must first set up an account with Kotapay.
Contact Kotapay at (866) 431-9926 for information and pricing or visit their website at www.kotapay.com
Once you've sent your request for an account to Kotapay they will send a packet of information to you regarding your account.
- All of the information required to complete the Firm > Direct Deposit Setup screen is included in that packet.
Drake has negotiated discount pricing with Kotapay for this service.
When speaking to Kotapay, you must identify yourself as a Drake client in order to take advantage of this special pricing.
Setup Direct Deposit
- Go to Firm > Direct Deposit Setup.
- Use the drop lists to select letters and numbers or carefully type the letters and numbers to match the Authentication Card (or "Bingo Card") received from Kotapay.
Either tab from one field to the next or use your mouse to click in a field.
Kotapay sends new Authentication cards periodically. Enter the new letters and numbers each time you receive a new card.
- Enter the PIN, UserID, and Password of the “Primary” Kotapay account.
- The password must between 8 to 25 characters in length.
- The fields display asterisks.
- Reenter the primary UserID and Password.
- Selecting the processing window from the Processing Window drop list that you have contracted with Kotapay to use
- 3, 4, or 5 days.
- Go to Employees > Employee Setup.
- The Details link presents an explanation of when Intercept must have the file based on the contracted processing window in order to avoid increased processing fees.
- Click Save.
The Direct Deposit Tab
- Check Direct Deposit Payroll Checks.
- Select the Account Type the funds are supposed to go to.
- You can choose an amount or a percentage to be applied to the Savings Account.
- Enter the employee’s banking routing and account numbers.
- If the checking and savings account have the same routing number, select Use Same Routing Number.
- Click Save once you are finished.
Entering Pay Records for Direct Deposit
- Go to Employees > Payroll > Live.
- Enter details or changes about the pay just as you would for any other check.
- On the Live Payroll screen, enter the correct date for your Kotapay window in the Check Date Field.
- Select No Stub (on the right) to suppress check printing when you prepare payroll for a direct deposit employee.
- After saving the pay record, check stubs are available for printing as described below.
When No Stub is selected, the check date field on the Live Payroll screen determines the direct deposit date for Kotapay. Make sure this is correct. If the check date is within your Kotapay processing window, it will result in increased processing fees.
Printing Check Stubs
- On Check Print screen, select Direct Deposit to display the direct deposit employees and select Stubs only to print check stubs.
- Enter the correct Check Date for your Kotapay processing window.
- Click Print to print the check stub for the direct deposit employee.
Transmit Direct Deposit
- Go to Employees > Transmit Direct Deposit.
- Enter the beginning and ending check dates.
- Select the employees to transmit.
- Click Transmit.
When a new window from Kotapay displays, follow the prompts.
Testing Direct Deposit
Connect With Us!
Visit the Drake Software website