Select Employees > Employee Setup to add the client's W-2 employees or to edit the information of a saved employee. Employee information must be entered before any payroll information is produced for each employee. When the Employees Setup dialog box is open, employees are listed alphabetically by last name.
Adding an employee and editing an existing employee’s setup is very similar. The primary difference is when setting up a new employee, you will need to assign that employee a unique Employee Code.
To Add an Employee:
- Go to Employees > Employee Setup and click New.
- Enter an Employee Code.
- Employee codes are alphanumeric and can be up to 20 characters long.
Complete information on the following tabs:
- Personal Information Tab
- Payroll Wages/Rates Tab
- Payroll Options Tab
- Federal Tax Tab
- State Tax Tab
- Local Tax Tab
- Deductions Tab
- Benefits Tab
- Direct Deposit Tab
- Notes Tab
Click Save after verifying the information on all tabs.
To edit an existing employee:
- Go to Employees > Employee Setup.
- Click an employee’s name from the list of employees. The data fields for that employee activate and can be edited.
- Edit as needed.
- Click Save when editing is complete.
Connect With Us!
Visit our Drake Accounting website
Visit the Drake Software website