Use this feature to bring forward all client setup, employee, and vendor information entered "on the fly" (OTF) in last year’s Drake Accounting or Client Write-Up program.
The client must exist in the current Drake Accounting program before bringing the OTF information forward. If the client exists in last year’s Drake Accounting or Client Write-Up software, go to Client > Update Prior Year to bring the client forward into this year’s program.
To update OTF Drake Accounting clients from last year’s Drake Accounting or Client Write-Up program, complete the following steps:
- Once the OTF client joins in this year’s Drake Accounting, go to On the Fly > Update Prior Year.
- Use the Browse button to locate Drake Accounting 2018 installations that are not on a root drive.
- Select the location of client files to convert them to Drake Accounting 2019 by clicking the location under Existing Data Paths.
- The client files entered "on the fly" in the selected location display at the bottom of the dialog box. Select individual client files by clicking the box to the left of the Client Code column, or click the box to the left of the Client Code column header to select all clients in the selected location.
- On the right side of the window, select the forms to bring into the current program or click the Select All button to bring all forms for the selected clients forward.
- Click Update.
Connect With Us!
Visit our Drake Accounting website
Visit the Drake Software website