Before uploading 1099 and 1096 information to the IRS, you must:
- Get a Transmitter Control Code (TCC), and
- Register on the IRS’s FIRE web site.
Getting a Transmitter Control Code
Complete Form 4419.
Select only the first box below line 7 unless the others are necessary.
If you select more than the first box, the IRS will call you to verify your selection.
This action will delay your application.
Fax the completed form to 877-477-0572.
Check on the status of the 4419 application (and receive the 5-character TCC over the phone, call toll free: 866-455-7438 (option 4). You will also receive a letter from the IRS with your TCC.
In Drake Accounting®, go to Firm > Setup Firm Information and enter the TCC.
Only one Transmitter Control Code is required to e-file all of your clients’ Forms 1099.
Register to use the IRS’s “FIRE” Website
- Go to https://fire.irs.gov/firev1r/default.aspx.
- Click Create New Account on the left side of the screen.
- Complete and submit the application.
- Create a User ID and Password.
- Create a 10-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Connect With Us!
Visit our Drake Accounting website
Visit the Drake Software website